Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, more insurance, and PTO. These are wonderful benefits that every employee expects from their new employer. What are some unique benefits you could offer your employees that will keep them surprised? Here are a few ideas of unique benefits your employees will tell their friends about:
- Have a puppy play day. Rent a puppy to brighten up your employees' work day. Snuggles from a puppy are sure to boost happiness!
- If renting puppies is out of your budget, have a bring your dog to work day. Who doesn't love to show off their pet?
- Hire a masseuse to come to the office. Yes, please!
- Encourage vacations - time off is a great way for your employees to recharge. Try to have a track record of saying 'yes' to vacation requests 100% of the time.
- Paid, paid vacations. Wouldn't it be nice to use those PTO hours for a memorable experience? Give your employees time off AND a vacation allowance to make those trips memorable.
- Paternity leave. All parents want to bond with their new family member!
- Public transportation pass. Employees would appreciate free rides and not spending hard earned money on gas.
What are some cool perks other companies are doing? Check these jaw-droppers out:
- Facebook offers new moms and dads four months of paid parental leave, reimbursement for day care and adoption fees, and $4,000 in "baby cash" after their child is born.
- Patagonia provides company bikes, volleyball courts and on-site yoga for it's workers.
- Weebly offers a $50 monthly credit to a housecleaning and errand-running service as well as free meals, gym membership, and a bi-monthly massage.
- 2HB includes a $50 'grooming perk' each month that employees can use for a mani, pedi, or haircut.
- Netflix actually doesn't have a time off policy. They don't track their time either. As long as employees get their work done it's up to the employee to determine their work schedule.
- SC Johnson & Son's have an onsite employee concierge to handle life's chores. The concierge will send packages, pick up groceries, go to the dry cleaners, shop for auto insurance, take your car in for an oil change, etc.
While some of these unique benefits might be a little out of your price range, there are plenty of fun perks that will keep your employees happy, motivated, and away from those pesky recruiters. At Zamp HR, we provide every new employee with their very own Nerf gun on their first day. Be creative and come up with perks that fit your company and employee's lifestyles.
Do you need tips on what unique benefits might be right for your employees, or want to chat about our complete benefits package and how it might be right for your company? Contact one of our expert HR representatives at (888) 819-5952 and we’ll help you get on the road to smarter HR.